- A 92% graduation on rate for the class of 2016, including four National Merit finalists and multiple commended scholars, two Indiana Academic All-Stars, Prudential Scholars, multiple NCAA athletic commitments, and tens of millions in awarded scholarships.
- All Lawrence Township Schools achieved growth on the 2016 ISTEP. Regardless of the testing issues, we accepted the challenge to work with our students.
- Ground breaking took place on a $100M Blue Ribbon Facility Plan without any increased taxation of district residents. The first facilities addressed were Mary Castle Elementary, McKenzie Center for Innovation & Technology, and athletic facilities at Lawrence Central and Lawrence North.
- Pay increases for all staff members, while maintaining a strong fiscal outlook.
- Increased student enrollment of 250.
Dr. Smith reminded the community about the importance of what educators do on a daily basis. “We run to children when a crisis happens. We make students’ dreams possible through hard work and sacrifices”
Follow the link to read the full edition and learn more about what’s happening at MSD Lawrence Township Schools.