Five of the twenty Indiana expert educators chosen to participate in the TeachPlus Teaching Policy Fellowship in Indiana represent Indiana Urban Schools Association (IUSA) member school corporations.
According to the TeachPlus website teachers selected for this fellowship have a voice in decisions that directly affect their students and their profession. They will engage in training on topics that range from policy and advocacy to the value of storytelling. The Fellows will engage directly with lawmakers offering valuable perspective from the classroom. TeachPlus hopes that the leadership opportunity and perspective that teachers bring to the table will help shape policies that improve the way schools and educators meet the needs of their students. Congratulations to these expert educators from IUSA school corporations:
- Dominique Barnes from Mabel K. Holland Elementary School (Fort Wayne Community Schools)
- Yvonne Lucas from Frankie W. McCullough Girls’ Academy (Gary Community School Corporation)
- Liz Martin from Goshen Middle School (Goshen Community Schools)
- Christy Diehl from Jefferson High School (Lafayette School Corporation)
- Brittany Snyder from Northside Middle School (Muncie Community Schools)
Follow the link to read more about the TeachPlus fellows and see the complete list of participants.
Celebrating Indiana’s urban educators