Congratulations to the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation (EVSC) students on their recent top finishes in the state Business Professionals of America (BPA) competition. All of these students qualified to compete in the National BPA conference in Orlando, Florida in May. Congratulations to:
- Claudia Eder finished 2nd in Medical Office Procedures (North High School)
- Kade Fleming finished 5th in Digital Publishing (North High School)
- Dane Hancock finished 5th in Fundament Desktop Publishing and 3rd in Digital Publishing (North High School)
- Trinity Head finished 2nd in Extemporaneous Speech (F.J. Reitz High School)
- Kennady Livers finished 4th in Desktop Publishing (South Indiana Career & Technical Center)
- Ashlyn Thompson finished 3rd in Prepared Speech (North High School)
- Emma Woods finished 4th in Desktop Publishing (F.J. Reitz High School)
According to their website, Business Professionals of America is the leading CTSO (Career Technical Student Organization) for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology and other related career fields. They support business and information technology educators by offering curriculum based on national standards. Resources and materials are available on-line and designed to be customized to a school’s program.
Congratulations to the EVSC students and best of luck at the national conference.
Indiana’s urban schools offer Hoosier students a rich array of programs, services, and opportunities. IUSA appreciates the opportunity to share the stories that demonstrate what the schools have to offer and the many successes their students, faculty and staff achieve.